In this video, Editor in Chief Michelle Russell and Senior Editor and Director of Online Content Barbara Palmer discuss strategies for optimizing your profile on LinkedIn.
One surprising strategy? Don’t be afraid to add people you don’t know. You want to maximize your professional network as much as possible.
Other strategies include:
- Seeing your profile as more than an “electronic resume.”
- Looking forward, not backward, as you frame your work experience to fit your career goals
- Thinking about the job you want, not the job you have, as you build your LinkedIn presence
- Building the reputation you want by curating your presence
- Positioning yourself as a thought leader within your area of expertise
- Enhancing your reputation at your current position by posting industry-relevant updates