1. Convene‘s 2015 Salary Survey
The overall compensation for meeting organizers continues to rise. Can that be attributed as much to the economy as to the progress we’re making in raising the profession’s profile?
2. Convene‘s 24th Annual Meetings Market Survey
Global GDP continued to creep upward in 2014, and so did many of the numbers associated with the meetings industry.
3. Wi-Fi: Who’s Paying What?
Few topics push a planner’s buttons quite like high costs for Wi-Fi at convention centers and other meeting venues.
4. 10 Must-Have Apps for Meeting Planners
Here are handy apps that will turn your phone into a PowerPoint remote, a walkie-talkie, or even a scanner.
5. 8 Tips for Reducing Food Waste
Ways to reduce waste and save money at your next event.
6. Deep Thoughts With John Medina
The molecular biologist and expert on the brain on why the classroom is a terrible learning environment, how open-space design only gets it half-right, and what presenters need to do every nine minutes and 59 seconds.
7. 6 Red-Carpet Tips for Meeting Designers
Why shouldn’t your meeting use some of the same tools that Hollywood employs to create blockbusters?
8. How Mergers and Acquisitions Are Shaking Up the Industry
There’s a multibillion-dollar boom in mergers and acquisitions. Media companies are buying up shows in every sector and suppliers are going after new business units. Even associations are building out their event portfolios.
9. Strategies to Improve Your Surveys
Surveys have gotten easier to deploy, but your survey results are only going to be as strong as the questions you use to get them. Make sure you’re asking the right things in the right way.
10. Reducing Food Waste at Your Meetings
Forty percent of the food produced in the U.S. goes to waste. How can you balance your gut instinct to never let attendees see an empty plate with a more sustainable F&B program?