In his upcoming book, 3 Weeks to a Better Back: Solutions for Healing the Structural, Nutritional, and Emotional Causes of Back Pain, New York City chiropractor Todd Sinett suggests some basic techniques that attendees — and you — can use to give the back a break:
1. Perform back stretches religiously — even from your seat.
2. Make sure you bend properly to pick up heavy bags.
3. Do exercises to strengthen your core and improve core imbalance.
4. Check the soles of your shoes to ensure better posture.
5. Move your money — for women, switch shoulders for your pocketbook, and for men, don’t keep your wallet in your back pocket and sit on it all day.