The next economic era demands new ways of working that harness human potential:
- Companies and governments will be highly motivated to reverse the current trend of an unwell workforce.
- Wellness at work is a movement that will gain momentum across the world in the coming five to 10 years.
- Workplace wellness programs — as we know them today — will disappear.
- Individuals will take more responsibility for their own wellness in the context of work.
- Companies must adopt a culture of wellness as the default, not the exception, if they want to attract and retain good people.
- Companies will recognize that doing right by employees and the community is good business.
- Governments will become more aggressive about mandating wellness, including in the workplace.
- The healthiest workplaces will be a destination where people go to improve their own wellness.
SOURCE: The Future of Wellness at Work, Global Wellness Institute,